Dear Al-Huda Parents,
InshaAllah you are all doing well and keeping safe and healthy.
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you all, our new and returning families, for the 2022 – 2023 school year.
First Day of school is September 18th, 2022
Please read the following information for the upcoming school year carefully.
Drop off, pick up and general rules:
- Only staff and students are allowed in the school classrooms and facilities, parents can enter the school office only.
- Doors will be open at 9:45 am. Parents should drop their children at the front door entrance.
- All students should arrive on time.
- Students will be sent directly to their classrooms.
- At the end of the day, students will be waiting inside the school building, parents has to pick them up from the front door.
- Prayer will be held in each classroom or in the masjed. Students must bring in their own prayer mat and hijab/prayer cloths for girls for their own personal use.
- Students should come to school ready with their own books and School Supplies.
- Students will have their lunch inside their classrooms or in the cafeteria, and they will have to bring their lunch from home.
- I voluntarily give Al-Huda School consent to photograph my child(ren). These photographs may be use in various school print and online materials (posters, brochures, newsletters, website, slide show, Facebook etc.) which will be distributed internally and externally.
- Let’s be the best representative of our deen and be respectful to each other.
Refund Policy and Payment
- Tuition fees for the school year is $480. Fees cover the whole academic year including registration and books.
- Full payment needs to be made for registration process to be completed. Parents should receive an email when registration process is completed.
- Payments may be made in installments according to a fee payment schedule but should be done before December 15th.
- In case of city/provincial closure, classes will continue online.
- Please note that all fees are non-refundable after the first day of class.
- Refund can be issued if the application is withdrawn before being processed. If the application is processed and the request to withdraw the application is before the first day of school, a $100/student nonrefundable fee will apply.
- Tax receipts on the school fees will be emailed to you in March 2023.
COVID_19 acknowledgement waiver:
I hereby acknowledge and agree to the following for all my children enrolled at MAC Al-Huda School
- I understand the hazards of the COVID-19 and am familiar with the Federal, Provincial and Local guidelines (“Government Rules and Recommendations”) regarding COVID-19. I acknowledge and understand that that the circumstances regarding COVID-19 are changing from day to day and that, accordingly, the Government Rules and Recommendations are regularly modified and updated, and I accept full responsibility for familiarizing myself with the most recent updates.
- I acknowledge and fully assume the risk of illness or death related to COVID-19 arising from my child being on the premises of Al-Huda School (whether that is through my child being exposed to COVID-19 and bringing the virus home, or whether my child picks it up while being transported to and from school). Accordingly, I hereby RELEASE, WAIVE AND DISCHARGE (on behalf of myself and my children) MAC, Al-Huda School, their owners, officers, directors, agents, employees, and assigns (the “Releasees”) from any liability related to COVID-19 which might occur as a result of me and my child being on the premises and participating in the Activity.
- I shall INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees from and against any and all claims, demands, claims, judgments, losses or expenses of any nature whatsoever (including, without limitation, lawyer’s fees, costs, HST and disbursements), arising from or out of, or relating to, directly or indirectly, the infection of COVID-19 or any other illness or injury.
- I understand that the assessment for my child’s heath condition is my responsibility before sending my child to the school as described on the school’s reopen plan.
- I agree to come up to pick up my child or arrange for pick up, within maximum of one hour, once the school contacts me, by the school via phone, text message or email, to pick up my child.
- I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing Waiver of Liability, understand it, have had or had the opportunity to obtain independent legal advice and sign it voluntarily of my own volition without any inducement from MAC and The School or any other third party.
- I agree to keep my child home when feeling unwell. The child can come back when he has no symptoms for 24 hours.
- I agree to comply with the orders provided by Public Health.